Based in Auckland, New Zealand
Press / Business contact:
Itsfine Games is an independent game development studio, based in Auckland, New Zealand.
Itsfine formed as part of a university paper, originally comprising of five Media Design School students, based in Auckland New Zealand. After developing a series of rapid game prototypes, Itsfine sparked the attention of MDS Studios, a student accelerator at Media Design School designed to encourage and support student entrepreneurship in game development.First title
Through this accelerator, they developed their first title, Split. After putting Split on Steam Greenlight it reached the top 10 in 6 days and passed in 9 days. Split was then developed over 3 months and released into Steam Early Access in March of 2016. Split and Itsfine received a lot of positive media attention locally in New Zealand, being featured in The Sunday Star Times, Stuff and on Radio NZ. Split also received Play by Play's Best Student Game Award in April 2016.Second title
Due to course requirements, Itsfine needed to shelve development of Split and work on a new title. Itsfine added a new programmer to the team and, after another session of prototypes, came up with Rattletrap Racing. They have been developing Rattletrap Racing for the past 8 months. Development on Rattletrap was easier than Split due to the team's experience, their new member and social media following. With more experience and a longer development time, Rattletrap Racing is a much more complete title.Recently
Media Design School expanded their accelerator program and Itsfine was accepted to participate again. They are planning for an early November release of Rattletrap Racing onto Steam and making it available for free.
Split - Early Access Trailer YouTube
Rattletrap Racing - Early Access Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Itsfine Games, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Acceptance into Media Design School Studios Accelerator program - Split and Rattletrap Racing" - Auckland, 2015 and 2016
- "Steam Greenlighht Top 10 - Split" - Auckland, 2015
- "NZGDC - GDC Scholarship Award" - Auckland, 2016
- "Play by Play Best Student Game - Split" - Wellington, 2016
- "The rapid rise of New Zealand's Game Artists"
- Analiese C. Jackson, Design Assembly
- "Split - a beautiful indie game by itsfine"
- Anna Tokareva, Frontier
- "More and more people seek career in game development"
- Kathryn Ryan, Radio New Zealand National
- "Students in Games: Cultivating Success Before Finishing Your Studies"
- Claire Barilla, Game Career Guide
- "Kiwi gaming inventors steam ahead"
- Jayne Atherton, stuff.co.nz
Split on Steam
See our page steamcommunity.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Level Design, Artist